[Sidefx-houdini-list] which linux for h16

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:09:38 EST 2016

On 2 December 2016 at 08:46, Jordan Walsh <jordan.h.walsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> We use CentOS 6.5 here. No idea why :D But houdini works
>
> Jordan

The "why" is because it's the Autodesk supported version...

Houdini runs on pretty much all Linux distros, if you're using a laptop
you'll need a very up to date one or network drivers in particular won't
work.

Ubuntu is usually pretty bleeding edge, I don't use it myself but I've
heard good things.

I have a really nice gaming laptop that I can't run linux on because i've
never been able to get networking (wireless or wired) to work :(

Cheers,

Peter B