[Sidefx-houdini-list] Trail pop particles

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:39:10 EDT 2016

Hi guys,
I'm emitting a massive amount of particles with a Dopnet / Pop vop.
The particles are birthing, have a life of 3seconds (with some variance)
and then are killed by the pop.

All went well until I wanted to trail them.

As the particles are diying, their id is changing creating a "decay" in the
trail and everything looks like a mess.

A part from having forever living particles that would be deleted after the
simulation Dopnet and after the Trailsop (which would be a bit heavy)

I can't think of a method that would stick an attribute to a particle at
birth and wouldn't change.

Any idea to properly trail ?