[Sidefx-houdini-list] Arnold .ass sequences and Houdini instances

Frederic Servant frederic.servant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:16:35 EDT 2016

Hi Pierre,

This question might be better suited for the HtoA mailing list, I can
register you if you want. It's also fine to contact our support directly at
support at solidangle.com.

For the "instance" attribute case, the fact you need to set load_at_init
probably means your procedural bounding box is not correct. It's fine to
use load_at_init anyway.

The instancepoint() function won't work because you are doing fast point
instancing, which is the right thing to do since full point instancing is
disabled in HtoA anyway.

The only practical way to instance .ass file sequences is with the
"instancefile" attribute, and the error you are getting looks like a bug to
me, I've created https://trac.solidangle.com/htoa/ticket/776 to look into
it.

Fred

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Pierre Rousseau <pierrot.rousseau at gmail.com