[Sidefx-houdini-list] carve by attribute

Alex Lim alex-list at leisora.com
Wed Apr 6 15:54:26 EDT 2016

Hello.

Alternatively you can try a different approach by storing all the position
of your current geometry into a separate attribute. Afterward, use the uv
coordinate as your new position coordinate so that you're only working with
(x,y,0) position. Effectively this should turn whatever geometry you have
into a plane. With this, you can use clip sop (or some other clipping
method) to trim the length of curve or planes with any kind of variations
you desire. After achieving a desirable result, you will then take the
stored position and apply it on your actual position-- this will effective
allow you achieve equivalent of a carve sop.

I believe there are some tutorials out there on YouTube to explain his
process, if I am not mistaken...

Depending on what you're after, there's a potential issue of one-to-one
mapping such that if you animate this carve, there will be regions of
varied rate of change that you may have to deal with...

Hope this helped some...

Cheers,
Alex