[Sidefx-houdini-list] bake shader?

Mark Davies mdavies at sidefx.com
Mon Apr 4 08:36:24 EDT 2016

Hi,

There is a known issue when baking layered shaders, related to how
exports are set in Mantra. This will be addressed in a future release.

Note that you can layer your inputs rather than the shaders themselves.
For example, instead of having two shaders with different roughness
values you can create a 'Mix' VOP mixing between two values based on a
mask texture, feeding that into a single shader's roughness parameter.
If you would like I can set up an example scene.

The bake setup has been simplified for the next release, and will not
require the use of a separate Bake Shader. The extra image planes work
as expected in this case.

Cheers,
Mark