[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini indie render solution

Alvaro Castaneda varomix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:05:23 EDT 2015

Hi Gerbrand
Mantra is great but is a little complex, that combined with the fact it has
4 different renderers into one,
most of the time I use the PBR, but it all depends on the job, sometimes I
engine, again it all depends on your scene.

I say you just need to understand mantra a little bit better and test it,
of course the speed will depend a lot on your CPU which could be slower
that a brand new GPU, is not that hard, just read the docs  to learn how
mantra works and you can make it work better for you and again, the scene
you're rendering, that's important, is not going to work the same for
everything.

To export to Blender deforming geo, use MDD, your workflow might get more
complex but you can try that.

There a brand new Mantra masterclass
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3164&Itemid=412

Good luck