[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini indie render solution

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Mon Oct 26 10:12:37 EDT 2015

I have looked at that tutorial but unless I'm not understanding it
right, every scene is going to be completely different.
One group says to lower the master pixel samples, and use the noise
level, but then some people have suggested that I crank the noise level
up to 0.08 and set the pixel samples to 8X8.
All of this has an impact on render time and quality, but neither seem
to be getting close to the stupid fast renders people are getting from
redshift and octane.
Again, I'm not trying to bash mantra, and I realize that bigger more
complex scenes will probably work better in mantra... still I have
clients waiting for renders while the maya freelancers are playing
counterstrike without me
They all got redshift last month and watched 1 getting started video to
understand how it all works.
I run a farm of 5 pcs and the same shot finished in redshift on one pc
before my 5 machine render farm got halfway.

Right now I'm trying to see if blender is a option, but I have no idea
how to get deformed meshes and particles into blender without alembic.
Help on this would be awesome
Thanks