[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini indie render solution

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Oct 26 09:22:45 EDT 2015

I'm freelancing these days and I'm playing with the idea of using remote
render service vs having more render power locally. What I ended up
doing is using as much computer I've got available here to make a small
render farm. Last night I just bought a Gigabyte Brix i5-4750r. It's
pretty cheap and it's gonna add a lot of render power if I keep adding
them one by one as the contracts justify it.

I've read very quickly the thread but make sure you saw the Master class
about render in Mantra for good understanding of adaptive pixel samples
and stochastic transparency if you haven't done already.

South Africa sounds cool for freelancing remotely during winter :)

Cheers

Francois