[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini indie render solution

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Mon Oct 26 04:30:09 EDT 2015

Octane is in beta for houdini as far as I know, but you need full
houdini for that.
Building shaders for mantra with vops is so much fun, but yeah.. then
you wait your life away for the renders to finish.
Some people say that mantra comes to its own on larger heavier scenes,
but I need to render out a simple pack shot, or a aeroplane without
waiting a day.
I'm trying to get scenes into blender at the moment, but I cant even get
the camera locked to my current view :P
Man learning new software is just the best :)
I'll probably stick to mantra for fire and smoke and most volume stuff,
but I need to get a fast fur rendering solution.
Thanks for the input