[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini to blender in h15?

Personal srecko.micic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:49:31 EDT 2015

I recently did two projects (archviz) in Blender because of speed gain I got with Cycles on GPU. On CPU speeds were almost identical. IPR works great, fast and reliable as in Houdini. As Blender does not have interactive render view you use IPR in viewport (entire screen or just render region), and that is much more responsive than what you get in Houdini. Pretty much impressed with Cycles speed, responsiveness and overall stability of Blender.

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 20/10/2015 18:12:33, Peter Bowmar <pbowmar at gmail.com> wrote:
I can't help you with the H->Blender but I'd be interested in your results
of speed test, particularly how the Blender equivalent of IPR works.

On 20 October 2015 at 05:00, Gerbrand Nel wrote:

> Hey Guys.
> I'm keen to see if cycles could speed up some of my renders, and found
> this post on the odforce.
> http://forums.odforce.net/topic/18445-houdini-to-blender-connector/
> Is anyone using this in h15 or h14 for that matter?
> I just get errors, and nothing updates to blender.
> Thanks

Peter B