[Sidefx-houdini-list] hurricane on Saturn

Jordan Walsh jordan.h.walsh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:58:06 EST 2015

I have done this type of thing before (Eye of Jupiter) and the best way to
go is to model the clouds with polygons and then use the cloud noise tool.
Once you have the base you can add some deformers like a twist using volume
vops. Layer up a whole pile of them to get the small twirls and then the
big twirls. Theses should all be animatable so you get your motion from
them. You have to get a bit into using matrix rotations with distance
falloffs, but once you get the hang of it, its easy.
We used a system where we could paint our velocity directions onto a mesh
then use that to drive the motion of the volume for slow flowing volumes.
These techniques may not work if you need more of a faster evolving volume.

Jordan