[Sidefx-houdini-list] recreating Edit SOP deltas via scripting?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:05:08 EST 2015

Hey,

Has anyone had any luck recreating Edit SOP deltas via scripts, or
worst-case, HDK shenanigans?

Basically, I have some things that were accidentally modeled using the Edit
SOP that should be Transform.SoftTransform SOPs so things stay fully
procedural. Redoing it by hand via would be ... painful :)

I notice that the Draw Curve does things "right" in the sense that it
stores (visibly) the data, on a tab per stroke.

I know this could get unwieldy in Edit SOP since 100's of UI tabs would
possibly make things sluggish. But it would be nice to be able to get the
deltas out somehow at least :)

Peter B