[Sidefx-houdini-list] Best way to export fur as geo?

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Tue Nov 3 11:19:44 EST 2015

Blender doesn’t support alembic, and I have no idea if I could render
poly lines in blender.
At the moment I'm using a add sop to rebuild the fur.. then I use a copy
stamp to copy lines with the "width" as length.. I then skin these.
This takes about an hour to export 60 frames, but it renders in blender.
I'm hoping there is a faster way to convert the fur to geo!
My mantra frames took about 20 min a frame.. so far cycles is giving me
comparable results under 3 min a frame.
We need some GPU goodness in mantra!