[Sidefx-houdini-list] Best way to export fur as geo?

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Tue Nov 3 02:23:38 EST 2015

Hi guys.
I'm still figuring out how to get my files to blender.
I've figured out geo and cameras, but fur is a problem.
I want to test how well it would work to convert the fur inside houdini
to poly ribons, and export an obj with mdd cache.
I tried it with poly wires, but that is very heavy.
What would be the best way to convert fur into poly ribbons?
I would like to taper them based on the fur length, or the taper
function in the fur object. I think its called furstyle_thickness.
It would also be great if I can get them to face the camera at all times.
This will probably be too heavy for blender, but I would like to test it
before I give up.

Thanks guys