[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini modeling?

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Tue May 12 13:49:35 EDT 2015

The thing is, individual SOPs are great, and yes, we should definitely have that list that Srecko put down, but the fact is that to (non-procedural) modellers, having to put down SOPs, create groups, attributes, etc. breaks the modelling workflow and can quickly kill a moment of inspiration while they look up VEX syntax for the umpteenth time ;)

So yes, I’d say that an uber editing SOP is still very much necessary. Maybe it has a button which says “Make SOP network” to automatically creates a network based on what you’ve just done. That would be awesome, although it would be a tough challenge for SideFX to define the heuristics of how it would do that.

> If one wants an UBER modeling node it's easy enough to just create an OTL
> yourself :)

Hehe! Careful, someone might think you’re being serious ;)