[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini modeling?

Srecko Micic srecko.micic at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:15:13 EDT 2015

I do not see much benefits of Uber tool, at least if it works like Edit Node in 3dsMax. I like to be able to go back and tweak nodes later,or combine them in one tool,  that is why I love Houdini :D

What I would like to have is more and better implemented (with more options) SOPs.
- For example better Bevel sop that works like Cinema4D.
- Slide edge/vertices along edge, surface ....
- Snapping on object surface not just vertices - Retopology
- Poly bridge.
- Boolean improved, I find this rarely works, but I think it is important for Houdini to have this implemented as better as possible.
- More curve options (easy to round corners, offset, combine them etc), add splines as in 3dsMax, this is also important for Houdini because of it’s procedural approach.
- Something like Backdrop in Modo, much easier to work with reference images than what we have now (transparent, overlay, easy to scale, rotate, translate).
- More NURBS tools.
- Matcaps implemented
- Enhance DXF and EPS/AI importers
- Small modelling helpers, like make circle from selected faces etc.

--
Srecko Micic
3D Generalist
Email: srecko.micic at gmail.com