[Sidefx-houdini-list] SpliceHoudini

Olex P hoknamahn at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:34:45 EDT 2015

I would definitely agree with Pablo.
I don't think that scenario when a Fabric script developed in Maya
will be used within Houdini is anything close to reality.
Making a Fabric script in Houdini to be used in Maya makes not much
sense either.
Fabric as a competitor to Houdini Engine in Maya is something logical.
As well as a standalone DCC with Fabric as a core (this is actually
what I would like to see, especially an open source one!).
Sharing a Fabric script between the softwares in the same studio? I
don't think so.
Making the data base of open source Fabric scripts that users of
different softwares would use? Yes, that makes sense. But my bet is
that Houdini guys will redo any useful Fabric script into VEX / HDK /
Python / whatever Houdini equivalent rather than just use that script
directly. I think this is one of the reasons why we don't have 3rd
party plugins in Houdini (yeah I know there is HTOA and there was a
cloth solver back in the days).