[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini modeling?

Sam Cuttriss teanau at gmail.com
Thu May 7 21:20:02 EDT 2015

Thanks Olex, i suspected it might be something gruesome like that.
Im usually pretty good at letting go of old methodologies, if the new
approach can provide power or efficiencies, expressions / nodes  /
keystrokes cant compete with sticky shortcut keys im used to.
I trust modeling is high on the radar of things to be addressed?

Glen that workflow is almost what im after, but i drop my selection when
temporarily adjusting the pivot?
am i missing something obvious? sorry for the rudimentary questions, i
swear ive been scouring tutorials and docs but just getting hung up on a
few hopefully obvious fundamentals.

proof: i was able to load in all the earthquakes in north california from
1984 - 2011 play them back and orbit around them in 3d, kind of fun.​
 earthquake.mp4
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B85tSZV7hmhGQm0zN2JvMHVnV0E/edit?usp=drive_web>
​red intensity and scale = earthquake intensity
blue / green intensity = depth
im just arbitrarily orbiting around the data.
i need to hook up a vive vr headset.

_sam