[Sidefx-houdini-list] SpliceHoudini

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:10:57 EDT 2015

I have been following this development for some time, and well I am not
sure honestly.
I have seen Fabric, I understand there are scenarios where is pretty useful
but in others I am not convinced.
First I am not convinced of the GPU for a general pourpose thing like VEX.
And second, even if it could be interesting in having a multiplatform
compute graph, well most of the time if you do your stuff in Houdini is
going to be compute in Houdini and for that VEX is pretty good.
For special cases where you want to port your VEX stuff then you have
engine.
Using VEX with engine is  as flexible as using K language with plugins to
support it in your platform.
My main concern is that is a massive effort for something that probably is
not so useful at the end if you already have Houdini in the pipe.
But this is just my personal point of view, I could be completely wrong.
Cheers

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez