[Sidefx-houdini-list] SpliceHoudini

Guillaume Laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:24:33 EDT 2015

Thanks Gerbrand !

By the lack of responses so far I was not sure my project was very
interesting :).
I guess it is mainly because it is hard to find Houdini devs interested by
open source collaboration (or semi-open if you will as Fabric and Houdini
are commercial products).

But I personally like the idea to be able to use Fabric graph inside
Houdini. In theory with could create some portable logic that could run
transparently on CPU or GPU (with more or less success of course based on
specific scenarios). It could simplify/improve lot of pipelines too
(keeping procedural operations while moving between DCCs along the
pipeline). I just don't want Houdini to be the last one not integrating it
;).

As I was saying, I can't spend too much time on this project but it is
moving well. The sources will be public probably next week (if I can find
enough time...). For now I'm testing it only on OSX, so it will be a task
for other devs to add a Windows and Linux build (Linux build is probably
working but I did not try it yet).

Cheers,
Guillaume