[Sidefx-houdini-list] copy complex object to DOP primitive spheres

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri May 1 19:17:35 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I’m hoping this is an easy one ….

I’m trying to animate a bunch of basketballs bouncing around in DOPs.

Since the basketball model is rather complex I was attempting to use primitive spheres in DOPs,
then copy the complex basketball model to the spheres back in SOPs.

This works great for the translation of all the basketballs, but the orientation/rotation is off.
I either get no rotation on the copied objects  …. or I get some but rotation, but it’s quirky and does not match the primitive spheres.

I’ve been trying various options on the dopimport SOP and the copy SOP …. no luck yet.
Am I missing something simply here??

Any input, as always, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry