[Sidefx-houdini-list] use a transform handle to modify polar coordinates?

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Fri May 1 10:17:50 EDT 2015

This is sort of a cross-post from odforum...

I'd like to keyframe some polar coordinates (theta, phi, radius) by
directly manipulating tx,ty,tz in the viewport.  In other words I want all
of the advantages of viewport snapping and intuitive translate controls
while placing on object, but have parameters that get manipulated as polar
coordinates so I can easily keyframe radius (distance) and rotation later.

Trying to do some powers-of-10 style camera moves and this seems like it
would be the easiest way to tweak it.

Is this possible using any of the existing persistent handles in Houdini?

Cheers,
Jon