[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, sims & workstation specs

Marten Blumen martyb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:08:21 EDT 2015

Numa is non-uniform memory access - each cpu has a bank of memory
physically located next to it, for speed, and Numa is when the other cpu
needs to access that bank of Ram. That connection is the Quick Path
Interconnect and is not as fast as the connection from CPU to it's local
ram.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-uniform_memory_access