[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, sims & workstation specs

Marco Merletti marcomerletti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:30:06 EDT 2015

Hi Robert,
personally I found that for liquids the most important things are, in
order: RAM, CPU and disk space&speed. For some serious FLIP sim 64GB of RAM
is the minimum. I consider that as I have only 32GB and it's kind of
frustrating some time .... hehe.
When you're looking for the CPU consider that some of them are physically
RAM limited to 32GB (as i7-47xx) others to 64GB (as i7 59xx) and so on.
Check here: http://ark.intel.com/
About the GPU I don't think it will add computing power to the process, but
I may be wrong about that.

Cheers!
Marco

*Merletti Marco*