[Sidefx-houdini-list] Command-line render

Aviv Bar Ami avivba at snowball.co.il
Thu Mar 26 04:14:54 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to automate some Houdini processing, and would like it to be
outside of Houdini, and with a single button (in a host application, or
a python\batch file).
I found that there are a couple of ways you can achieve this, and most
people recommended using hbatch, but I couldn't find an example I could
use in a script or a batch file.
Using the hbatch command in a command prompt window (I'm on windows
btw), works great, and I managed to render a specific rop from a given
hip file, but I'm still looking for a way to automate it..

I'm looking for something like:
hbatch render -f "myHipFile" -rop /out/myROP
But I could be way off..

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks,
Aviv