[Sidefx-houdini-list] nurbs

jim at rutherfordfx.com jim at rutherfordfx.com
Fri Mar 20 10:04:43 EDT 2015

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Curriculum design here at the college
and most other colleges in Ontario is guided by a set of ministry
guidelines set out by the government...which we just got for Animation
this year and the advice of our industry committees.  Our industry
committe which is comprised mostly of former students, 2D animators,
former teachers, etc... have said that nurbs are never used anymore so
we shouldn't teach them.
Personally, I agree with all your comments.  I think nurbs are essential
even though we may not be modelling characters with them anymore.
Unfortunately, every kid with a cracked version of zbrush is screaming
nurbs are dead on the forums and this seems to hold more sway. Thank you
for your replies.  I need top industry professionals like you to make a
case.
Jim