[Sidefx-houdini-list] hq render help

Robert Vinluan rvinluan at sidefx.com
Wed Mar 18 09:19:14 EDT 2015

Hi Gerbrand,

That error indicates that the job cannot find either the .hip file or
$HFS (i.e. Houdini).  Probably the shared folder config just needs some
tweaking.

But if you are just rendering on your own machine then I suggest keeping
things really simple and bypassing the shared folder config altogether.
Basically have the job look for Houdini and the .hip file on C: or any
other local drive.

Try this:
- On the HQueue Render ROP set the Target HFS parameter to "C:/Program
Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 14.0.XXX".  This will tell the job
to look for Houdini from program files.
- Make sure that your .hip file is saved somewhere on C: or any other
local drive.
- Submit the job.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,