[Sidefx-houdini-list] hq render help

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:16:00 EDT 2015

I just went through this, sadly Indie does not support IFD writing, so you
basically need one Indie per machine that you want to render on, making it
quickly become very expensive to run your own farm. It's also extremely
inefficient since you need to run an Hbatch just to render a Mantra frame,
sucking up much more memory and also increasing the time taken per frame. I
was a bit disappointed :(

Having said that, Indie is good value unless you want to render on a farm.
I tried to use Amazon's AWS for rendering but have had no luck yet getting
it to work.

Cheers,

Peter B