[Sidefx-houdini-list] uv transformation - motion blur

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Mar 12 15:54:53 EDT 2015

Thanks again everyone for the helpful input to point me in the right direction.

I was able to circle back today and get this working in a fairly automated way …. which I was hoping for.

Base on Emanuele's process outlined below I was able to fetch the animated "offset" channel from the uv texture SOP into CHOPs.
…. and then drop on a slope chop to calculate acceleration/speed.

I then followed that up with math and limit chops to clamp/normalize the value to an appropriate level for velocity.
Export that back to a point SOP to add velocity( in the proper direction) and I can now render with motion blur based on the motion of the sliding ( stopping/starting) UVs.

Thanks again. I'll need to store this away for future use.

Larry