[Sidefx-houdini-list] uv transformation - motion blur

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Mar 11 14:28:36 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I wonder if I'm overlooking a straight forward way to render a sliding texture with motion blur?

I'm working on a shot for a spot where the paper/tape of an adding machine needs to flow out quickly …. but in stops and starts.

I could use a creeping surface so I can compute velocity….
But sliding the UVs feels a lot lighter and quicker to work with.

Just not exactly sure how to convert that motion into some velocity value that mantra will recognize.

I've addressed this issue in the past ( in a crunch ) just by blurring the texture horizontally.
But the required stops and start in the paper flow here make that a bit more cumbersome to deal with.

Anyway …… thanks as always for any thoughts.

Larry