[Sidefx-houdini-list] display card requirements

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Mon Mar 9 12:39:00 EDT 2015

Targa stores the image resolution in a 16 bit integer, so the maximum
resolution is 16384 by 16384.

TIFF stores its resolution in a 32 bit integer, so the max resolution
for TIFF is 4294967296 by 4294967296 (same as JPEG).

PNG and OpenEXR are 2147483647 by 2147483647.

If you save the image from a ROP and open it with mplay, does it
display properly?  Does it display properly if you load at 50%
resolution (i.e. mplay scales the image as it loads, before it
displays it).

The white-wash might be an artifact of the image display, rather than
an artifact in the image itself.

Mark Elendt