[Sidefx-houdini-list] frost effect

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sat Mar 7 07:33:55 EST 2015

When you add a parameter with the gear "Edit Parameter Interface",
you're basically adding a parameter to the only instance of the current
node. In other word, this parameter will exist only on this node.

The type properties window is very similar in the sense it allows you to
create parameters among other things. However this window is used to
create Houdini Digital Asset (HDA). When you change an asset definition
with this window you're really adding a parameter for the tool. This
means every time you create a new node of this type it will have the
parameter you added. In fact, if you have many copies of this node
inside Houdini and you add a parameter through the Type Property window,
the parameter will now show up on every instance of this type.

Hope this helps.

Francois