[Sidefx-houdini-list] frost effect

Jordan Walsh jordan.h.walsh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:54:58 EST 2015

Use a sop solver to have a frost attribute creeping across the mesh. (use
some type of pc lookup to get the frost to spread, add some noise in too...
what ever works). Time shift your mesh to one frame so it is static then
attrib copy it back on to the animated mesh.
You can also do it with a points in a sop solver, add some noise to move
the point, use an SDF of the mesh to snap the point to the surface then
repeat. You can get some nice patterns of creeping tendrils that way. you
can then attribute transfer the frost attribute from the points to the mesh.
Once you have the attribute you can use this to grow fur, then add a poly
wire sop to get the crystal look.

Jordan