[Sidefx-houdini-list] frost effect

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Fri Mar 6 02:39:05 EST 2015

Hey guys
I need to jump in at the deep-end with houdini, otherwise I might never
get the confidence to tackle a job.
A client has asked me to create frost on someone’s skin.
Imagine Elsa from Frozen looses her shit, and sneezes on someone.
So its a kind of spreading, time-lapse hoarfrost. ( do think its funny
calling it hoar-frost right after referencing Elsa, but that's just me)

Any pointers, suggestions, links to tutorials, or general well wishes
would be appreciated :)
I come from softimage-land and have done some houdini engine work for
Maya projects, but it would be safe to assume I know close to f-all in
houdini, so please use toddler words if possible :)
Thanks guys
Gerbrand
/
PS Could someone just do a ping reply, cause I never see my own posts,
and then I get paranoid over if it reached you guys ./