[Sidefx-houdini-list] Persistent storage on Amazon Cloud

Gregory Ecker gregory.ecker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:24:18 EDT 2015

 hi Francois,

  if you use amazon cloud via the hqueue rop, then no,  it's not designed
that way (persistent storage).. you need to remain connected to amazon
throughout the render and anything that you are writing from the process
will get saved to your local drive (for sims it requires a good connection).

 I guess you could set up your own thing with amazon where you rent an
instance,  install a disk image (with appropriate licensing) etc.. in that
case you could have storage on the cloud (but you'd have to pay for that).

 having said all of that I've used amazon cloud and have been pretty happy
with it,  but I know other people who haven't (mostly because of their
internet connection).

 -G