[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra problem

Neil Dickson ndickson at sidefx.com
Thu Jun 25 18:10:00 EDT 2015

"Where do I start trouble shooting?"

This is probably obvious advice, but if it might be a particular thing
crashing, try removing things from the scene and simplifying things
until it doesn't crash, then see how much of what you removed can be
added back without it crashing.  That can help isolate what's going
wrong.  Whatever is causing it to crash may be able to be simplified in
some way to avoid crashing.

It's hard to give much specific advice beyond what Peter and Francois
have given without a scene.  That said, it's really pushing it as to
whether there'll be time for support to debug it in time for your
deadline, depending on when it is tomorrow and how hard it is to get the
scene going and debug it.  I know it doesn't help to say it now, but it
would really have been good to ask sooner.

If baking to bgeo fixes it, please still submit a bug for it, so that
the crash can have a hope of being fixed in the future!

Cheers,
Neil