[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra problem

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Thu Jun 25 17:31:32 EDT 2015

Hey guys
I'm in deep shit right now.
Tomorrow is deadline and my scene refuses to render.
I'm rendering fur on characters animated in maya.
All animations gets exported as alembic files for me to fur and render
in houdini.
I've rendered 9 shots with almost no problems, but the last shot just
keeps crashing.
Where do I start trouble shooting?
Here is what I've done so far
I've changed the sampling up and down.
Changed the tile size up and down by factors of 8
I've changed the tile order
I've even rebuilt the scene from scratch based on a scene that renders fine.
I've created new cameras and deleted the alembic cameras.
This is my first "real" job in houdini, and allot is riding on this. I
had to convince allot of people that they can trust me to deliver this
job in houdini.

Help my dumb-ass  please!!

Here is a error log from one of the crashed frames:

PROGRESS: 0.54/1
PROGRESS: 0.55/1
PROGRESS: 0.56/1
PROGRESS: 0.57/1
PROGRESS: 0.58/1
PROGRESS: 0.59/1
PROGRESS: 0.60/1
PROGRESS: 0.61/1
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini
14.0.361\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hq_render_from_hip.py", line 4, in <module>
     hqlib.callFunctionWithHQParms(hqlib.renderFromHip)
   File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini
14.0.361\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 1848, in
callFunctionWithHQParms
     return function(**kwargs)
   File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini
14.0.361\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 1011, in renderFromHip
     _invokeRopAndCatchErrors(rop, project_name, frame, True)
   File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini
14.0.361\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 441, in
_invokeRopAndCatchErrors
     raise e
hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Error:       Command Exit Code: -1073741819