[Sidefx-houdini-list] hqueue doesn't work with takes?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:56:44 EDT 2015

Yup that looks like a Takes problem, a parm can't be set because it's not
part of the take.

What should happen is as soon as the Houdini file is opened, "autotakes"
should be turned on, so that any needed parm mods can happen. Since the
.hip files that the farm opens are not written out, this is safe and makes
things Just Work. You should probably submit a bug to SESI for this.

On 29 July 2015 at 03:29, Gerbrand Nel <g at cannonballbunny.com> wrote:

> So this is probably user error, but I rendered a scene with hqueue last
> night with no problems.
> This morning I set up a "take" in the same scene, but when I submit it to
> hqueue, I get the following error:
> /
> // File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.361/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py",
> line 25128, in set//
> //    return _hou.Parm_set(*args)//
> //hou.PermissionError: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a
> permission error.  Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product
> permissions or user specified permissions/
>
> can someone tell me what that means?
> Thanks

Peter B