[Sidefx-houdini-list] H14 packed Alembic export slowness?

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:39:26 EST 2015

Greetings,
Using Houdini 14.0.188, I've been trying to export a packed rbd sim with
about 10,000 pieces to Alembic and it's an extremely slow operation to do,
on the order of hours for an average length shot.  I noticed this journal
entry:

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default&view=FULL&logfile=ALL&icon=ALL&version=14.0&buildstart=208&buildend=208&perpage=20&search=alembic

"*Houdini 14.0.208:* Optimized processing of packed fragments when
exporting to Alembic. This may improve packed fragment processing in other
areas of Houdini as well."

Would this update potentially solve the problem?

Cheers,
Jon