[Sidefx-houdini-list] mesh from kinect

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Wed Dec 30 02:52:33 EST 2015

Hey guys
I have a 3d point cloud from the microsoft kinect, and I would like to
create a mesh from the points.
At first I tried the addSOP but I couldn't figure out the right patern
to get this working.
Then I tried vdb from particles and particle fluid surface, but these
gave me bloby looking surfaces.
At the moment I'm using a copy sop to create a tiny grid on each point
and then fuse them together.. this kinda works, but I would like to know
if there is a way to just connect the points from the kinect, in a
coherent way.
The addSOP sounds like the right tool in the hands of someone with a
clue, but I'm a noob.
Some help would be awesome :)
Thanks guys!