[Sidefx-houdini-list] Vex question for debutant : vector pos[];

Sam Swift-Glasman glassman3d at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:18:57 EST 2015

The [ ] represents an array. In the first case

vector pos[];

Creates an empty array of type vector

The second case

int pts[] = primpoints(1,0);

Creates an array of type integer and initialises it to the output of the
function
primpoints(1,0);
Hello list,
I'm on vacation spending my free time (ie, when children are away) watching
some Houdini tutorials.
I'm doing some early steps VEX, watching that passionating Tutorial that
happens to be in russian... https://vimeo.com/149419641
at 17' the "teacher" is writing this :

vector pos[];
int pts[] = primpoints(1,0);

I can't find with google or the VEX help files what does the [ ] stands for.

Can someone briefly explain or direct me to the correct help or even a
tutorial ?

BTW any good VEX tuts for starter is welcome ;)

Thank you and Merry Christmas !