[Sidefx-houdini-list] PolyBevel and Groups?

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 13:49:54 EDT 2015

Is it possible to retain Edge Group information on Edges when I polyBevel?  Basically I have a group of edges that are in a Group and I PolyBevel just those edges.  But in doing so the original edges (in center of polyBevel) shift in position and lose their Grouping information and attributes get interpolated (color and normal - even when ‘updating normal’ option in PolyBevel is turned off) so I can’t seem to get focused access just on the original edges for manipulation.

Basically I want to have the original edge points be colored white and the new polybeveled edge points be black.  I didn’t think this would be so difficult…

If the PolyBeveled source edges stayed in their original position (‘Corner’ PolyBevel option not what I want due to bad edge termination) I could do some soft of Attribute Transfer thing based on point proximity, but no dice there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

Sent from Windows Mail