[Sidefx-houdini-list] silly Attrib wrangle question

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Fri Apr 17 05:54:35 EDT 2015

Hey guys
I'm going through tutorials, and the attribute wrangle pops up every
once in a while.
I personally don't like it. It feels like Maya expressions and scripts
to me.
I usually replace the wrangles, with atrib vops.
In some of the video tuts the ress is so bad that I cant read the code
from the video.
This leads to loads of swearwords.
I come from softimage, so the vops makes more sense to me than the code
based wrangle sops.
My question is: what would the downside to this be?
Are the wrangle sops more efficient or powerful, or is it down to
preference?
Thanks
Gerbrand