[Sidefx-houdini-list] One point with Delayed Load Procedural

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Thu Apr 16 07:30:56 EDT 2015

My guess is that the delayed procedural uses the bounding box stored
in the header of the .bgeo file .bgeo file to determine whether the
geometry is rendered.

The size of the bounds for a single point are 0, so the geometry is
never rendered.

When mantra has the geometry loaded, it's able to enlarge the bounding
box by the "width" or "pscale" attribute values.  When the geometry is
on disk, there isn't a way to tell mantra what the maximum width is.

P.S.  Even with multiple points, it's possible you'd get clipping on extrema.

On Thursday Apr 16 at 13:24, Toyokazu Hirai wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I had Add SOP create only one point onto {0,0,0} and saved it onto
> disk as bgeo format
> and I tried to render it with Delayed Load Procedural,
> but nothing was rendered somehow.
> By the way I've tried adding more some points to different locations,
> and it has worked well.
>
> Does anybody know why this happens???
>
> __
>
> Hirai