[Sidefx-houdini-list] Switching license

Francois Lord flordlists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:54:44 EDT 2015

Hi.

I'm relatively new to Houdini, coming over from Softimage like many
others. I've been learning Houdini using the Apprentice license at home
and at work. However, now has come the time to test Arnold. For that I
need a real license. Good new, we have two floating licenses of Houdini
FX at work, usually always used by our FX artists. But this week they
are free. Yay!
Now how do I switch my Houdini from Apprentice to the real license?
I went in the local License Administrator tool and the option "Change
License Server" is grayed out. Do I need to uninstall Houdini entirely
for this? I would prefer not, especially as I will have to go back to
Apprentice soon.

Thanks.

Francois Lord