[Sidefx-houdini-list] Getting other point attributes in POP VOPs

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Apr 8 15:24:32 EDT 2015

Hi list,
Probably a simple one, but I'm clearly misunderstanding something. I'm
in POPs (the new DOPs based ones) and I've got a POP VOP. Inside the POP
VOP, I want to get an attribute from another point, e.g. @ptnum+1. How
do I do it?

The Bind VOP doesn't allow point numbers, and the Get Attribute VOP
requires either a "File" or "First Input", "Second Input", etc. as to
pull the data from. Using an op: syntax with the "File" option doesn't
seem to make a lot of sense, as I'm within POPs and I need to pull the
geometry data from the DOP simulation, not from a SOP. The "First Input"
option etc. doesn't seem to make sense either in this POP VOP context.

So I'm stumped. Is the only way to write out a file and read it back in?
(Please say no!)

Thanks :)
Andy