[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, sims & workstation specs

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:17:13 EDT 2015

Hey Marten,

thanks for the heads up re DualCPU's.  However if I am not mistaken the
Z800's are setup that each CPU has it's own set of memory banks allocated
to it ... aka 96gb max per CPU, which isn't that bad still.

" The HP Z800 supports a maximum amount of dual in-line memory modules up
to 96GB in a single processor configuration and 192GB in a dual processor
configuration. " (
http://www.servermonkey.com/parts-and-upgrades/memory/hp/z800-memory.html)

I've also got an 8GB nvidia quadro in my laptop, which I been meaning to
test openCL with ... just haven't gotten around to it ... I could run a
quick test, but not sure how to check the gpu ram usage on windows.  How
would I reliable check how much gRam is used vs it "swapping"?

cheers
Ron