[Sidefx-houdini-list] About custom geometry render node

Guillaume Laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:50:12 EDT 2014

Hi list,

I'm looking at the best way to export an Houdini geometry in a specific
geometry format.

For example, if the primitive is closed, I must create a polymesh object
and if open, a curve object (polymesh and curve types being defined in the
custom geometry library, not Houdini HDK of course).

I don't want to do such query for each primitives (if such query exist) ...

What is the best way to handle such geometry export from a custom ROP node
? I'm specially interested by any non-SOHO way :).

Thanks,
Guillaume

PS: It would be great if the Alembic ROP node source code was public... is
it ?