[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini engine maya farm licensing

dave brown dayvbrown at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:38:30 EDT 2014

Ah ok interesting stuff Matt thanks for that, one of the guys here was
suggesting a similar thing so that sounds like it could be ok.

The main thing at this stage is they're complaining about how slow it's
been to work with, my internal testing in houdini can't pick up and hugely
noticeable difference between sequence\single file at this stage but it's
not empirical data and hasn't been on a full res sim as yet.

Jordan; single file sizes upwards of 100gb appears to be where it will be
sitting, so we're thankfully not talking terabytes just yet. Whilst we've
certainly had sims larger than these they've generally been split up into a
sequence of smaller files which is why I was a bit concerned.

At any rate this is definitely a speculative question, so I don't have any
hard "arrgh broken network" data to discuss yet. Or hopefully at all.

Thanks again,

Dave