[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini engine maya farm licensing

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Sep 24 23:54:35 EDT 2014

On a previous discussion on the alembic mailing list they've mentioned that
the alembic library can do partial reads, so it doesn't need to load the
entire file to access the data for one frame. From what I can remember,
people were reporting that it was actually more efficient on their network
setups with a single file, than it was for multiple files. I guess it's
something you'd need to try in your own context, but using the single file
may not work out that badly...